At the Edmonton Office
- Maintaining communications with team members and Alchemy Imageworks management to ensure efficient and rapid communication of ideas, projects details, problems and potential solutions. This is done through Slack and Asana.
- Prototyping / Development of conceptual art for a wide variety of applications. This is NOT a web designer position, nor is it a Graphic Designer position, it is a Design Jedi position. We’re looking for someone who loves to be creative and design for all possibilities; clothing, websites, banners, posters, tattoos (yes, tattoos) vehicle graphics and an endless array of other design possibilities. See our comprehensive list of graphic design services here for details.
- Stripping of assets from Photoshop layouts.
- Maintaining organization of files, observing proper file naming conventions.
- Analyze projects and provide recommendations for investment decisions.
- Ensure that TheBuilt has the appropriate geological skills to carry out effective exploration.
- Ensure that geology sub-disciplines (e.g. geophysics, geochemistry) are effectively utilized.
Required Technical Skills
- Adobe Creative Suite (CS6) or Creative Cloud — That being said, Photoshop and Illustrator skills must be Jedi-level…. Like, really, really good. Must be familiar with Adobe Bridge They need to have familiarity with Brushes, Styles, Actions, etc. and most certainly – shortcut keys. Efficiency is an asset.
- Drawing — Applicant must possess excellent drawing skills. Portfolio should impress across a diverse variety of artistic directions and practical applications.
- Ability to prototype rapidly — Can use a variety of tools to produce conceptual art and digital prototypes.
- Design Skills in the “Online Graphics” department — that means being able to export awesome Photoshop layouts into appropriate PNG assets, etc., without compromising either quality or file size.
- Windows Platform User — Sorry Mac users, but your just not compatible with much of anything else.
- Work location – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Potential Full Time Employment. We have tons of incoming projects for the right candidate.
- Competitive package of salary, benefits and annual bonus scheme.
*Preference will be given to the applicant with the most in-depth and diverse level of experience across Adobe software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, are primary but additional asset knowledge in Premiere, Dreamweaver, Lightroom, etc. are considered assets). As well as those applicants with any 3D software experience. The majority of my decision will be based on submitted portfolio of hand-drawn AND digital artwork.
** Any familiarity with website design/development will also be considered an asset.
*** This is a contractor position to start but is also a significant opportunity for a career position in a rapidly growing convergent and transmedia production company.