Network Administrator / Network Technician
At the Edmonton Office
We are looking for a full time IT Network Administrator
We are currently seeking the next great addition to their already great IT team! We currently have a position open for a Network Administrator. The candidate must be passionate about how they can support and foster the Mission, Vision and Values and the achievement of the strategic priorities of Alchemy Imageworks.
The objective of this position is:
The objective of the Network Administrator is to provide support for the administration of networks and network systems as well as providing end use support for our internal clients. This includes participating in the planning and implementation of networks and network equipment deployments, managing and troubleshooting network components, receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and email.
- Manager day to day operation of Network environment (software and hardware).
- Provide technical support to all operating systems and end user software.
- Provide technical support to communications and connection solutions; including workstation connectivity, wireless, local and wide area networks, VPNs, company Web site, intranet, and Internet applications.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Support software and asset management best practices.
- Preventative and proactive maintenance of the Network environment.
- Provide Security and other Patch Management.
- Incident Management: Resolve single and cross technology incidents independently, working with team members, other capabilities.
- Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final solution.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on BSF networks and network equipment.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Analyze and improve network, wireless and input/output device performance.
- Configure and support WLAN, Wireless, VLAN and LAN network environments. Identifying, mitigating and troubleshooting network connections and hardware.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches and reconfigurations.
- Install new equipment and configure hardware in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Produce documentation as required to support Wireless and Network operation. Including procedures and policies as directed.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Five (5) years of related IT experience.
- Proven ability to design, build, maintain and troubleshoot IP based network environments.
- Proven ability to support Firewalls and network security.
- Familiar with VOIP phone systems.
- Telephone administration preferably with the Mitel system.
- Provide remote assistance through Remote Desktop or other systems like Teamviewer or Splashtop.
- Familiar with standard IT concepts, practices and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A focus on user relationships, teamwork and quality with an ability/desire to continuously learn.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability and desire to document all tasks and processes.
- Client Focus
- Analytical Thinking
- Valuing & Respecting Individuals
- Relationship Building
- Problem Solving
Required education or professional affiliatio
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology Preferred.
- CCNA, CCNP or equivalent (Essential)
- A+, Network+, Security+ or equivalent (Desirable).
- Work location – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Potential Full Time Employment. We have tons of incoming projects for the right candidate.
- Competitive package of salary, benefits and annual bonus scheme.